If you are looking for an interesting part time role or perhaps looking to expand your existing Parish Clerk activities, you will find working for Shapwick Parish Council an interesting & rewarding role.
Shapwick Parish Council is a very pro-active group, part of lively village community. The Council has recently acquired its own village green, formed a village allotment society and we are currently working towards the provision of children’s play area all of which add to the interest & variety of the role.
We are making sure that we adopt modern working practices, with the use of internet banking, the imminent launch of a modern village website and the migration to specialist accounting software all of which are intended to the make the role easier and more fulfilling.
The role combines the functions of Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer and would be suitable for a very wide range of individuals either with existing administration and or book keeping experience or looking to acquire a new set of skills and knowledge. Training will be provided to according to individual needs.
Duties will include: –
· Preparation for and attendance of Parish Council meetings and the taking and approval of minutes. Parish Council meetings are use bi-monthly
· Ensuring that the Parish Council is legally and financially compliant
· Providing and researching advice on behalf of Parish Councillors
· Understanding planning issues and ensuring that the council’s planning obligations are fulfilled.
· Receiving and responding to Parish Council communications as requested by the Parish Councillors
· Carrying out the legal responsibilities of the Responsible Finance Officer
· Maintaining the Parish Council’s financial records and providing statutory and management reports as required by the council
· Preparing the annual precept and associated budgets for approval
· Processing payments and receipts in a timely manner ensuring that accurate records are kept.
Hours are a flexible 4 hours per week which equates to 17.33 hours per month. Salary scale within the LC1 national scale for local council clerks